While I may be a few days late for the holiday of love this month, Valentine’s Day, this cocktail recipe is certainly delicious anytime.
This recipe of A POM Fleur is my Valentine’s Day treat to you! Yes, alcohol is sugar, but when balanced across the board we can certainly fit in treats like this one. Thanks to The Wonderful Company for sharing this deliciousness with us!
- 2 oz freshly squeezed pomegranate juice* or POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 teaspoon St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- Food-grade rose petal or other edible flower for garnish
- Stir all the ingredients over ice to chill and strain into a pre-chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a food-grade rose petal or other edible flower if roses are not available.
* This cocktail can be made with freshly squeezed juice from a large POM Wonderful Pomegranate or by using POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice.
To juice the pomegranate, cut it in half (as you would a grapefruit) and juice using a citrus reamer or a juicer. Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. One large POM Wonderful Pomegranate will produce about 1/2 cup of juice.