Robyn’s Monthly Morsel
Heidi Schauster, MS, RDN, CEDRD-S, is yet another RDN who is also a supervisor in the field of eating disorders (and in the Boston area!). Her new book, Nourish: How to Heal Your Relationship with Food, Body, and Self , has just been released on Amazon and this month’s morsel is dedicated to sharing her knowledge and expertise with you! I have delved into her words myself and am truly enjoying Heidi’s new book! Excerpted from the back cover:
“Food is Love (But Don’t Eat Too Much!)”
Eat less. Eat clean. Avoid these foods. Eating is a life-giving pleasure, but confusing messages from the diet and nutrition industries may leave you wondering what to eat.
Do you find yourself:
- Eating food that doesn’t nourish or energize you?
- Munching mindlessly or emotionally?
- Flipping between feeling “good” and “bad” about your eating?
- Thinking about food and your body more than you’d like?
Discover how to trust your body, and to eat with love and common sense:
- Eat without deprivation or overeating
- Accept your body and trust its wisdom
- Deal with setbacks, destructive thoughts, and self-defeating attitudes
- Create healthy habits to nurture yourself
- Ditch dieting so you free yourself to live a life you love.
Nourish will guide you to transform your eating from self-control to self-love, usinga 10-step healing process. In this book, Heidi Schauster, MS, RDN, CEDRD-S, founder of Nourishing Words Nutrition Therapy, shares 20 years of wisdom from her Boston-area practice in disordered and emotional eating.