In season recipes are some of my favorites as are make ahead anything. With seasonal oranges and grapefruit, this Mandarin Chia Pudding is delicious and easy to prep for breakfast or dessert. The pudding part of this recipe can be stored overnight with fruit added the next day for serving.
Mandarin Chia Pudding Parfait
Prep: 15 minutes | Time to Table: 35 minutes to 1 hour | Serves 4
3 Wonderful Halos mandarins, peeled and segmented
1 Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Grapefruit, peeled, segmented and chopped
1 cup light coconut milk
2 Tbsp agave
1/4 cup chia seeds
3/4 cup POM Wonderful pomegranate arils
1/4 of a pineapple, cut into pieces
1/2 cup toasted unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup (4 oz.) crème fraiche (optional)
Chopped Wonderful Pistachios to top
- Stir together the coconut milk, 1 tablespoon agave, chia seeds and pomegranate arils. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour (or overnight).
- When ready to serve, toss pineapple, mandarins, and grapefruit with the toasted coconut.
- Spoon chia pudding into 4 parfait glasses and top with fruit mixture.
- Stir together the crème fraiche with remaining 1 tablespoon agave and spoon over parfaits.
- Sprinkle with pistachios and serve.
Recipe generously supplied from The Wonderful Company
Thank you to Jenna Gorham, my dietetic intern, for editing this month’s newsletter and contributing the recipe portion. Jenna graduated from the University of Vermont in 2013 and is completing her Dietetic Internship with Wellness Workdays in Hingham, MA. She will be a Registered Dietitian this spring!