The Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo included a large exhibitor’s room to sample new and tried true food brands.
Below are 5 that caught my attention for taste, nutrition, and ease.
- Orgain – Some of my clients look for weight gain products or shakes as a quick go to. Usually I recommend Ensure or Carnation Instant Breakfast, but this brand caught my eye and palate. They do not need to be refrigerated until opened. I sampled the Vanilla Bean flavor with whey protein – yum! They also carry a vegan brand.
- Naturebox– I’m usually big on fruits, veggies, nuts, and seeds as snacks to pack yourself, but this is a great product if time is tight and you would like a healthy packaged alternative for yourself or your children. Delivered to your home and offers delicious, priced right, packaged well products. Pair with a piece of fruit and you’re set for a well-balanced snack.
- Up4 Probiotics – Just like most vitamin supplements are made by only a handful of manufacturing companies, the same is true for probiotics. I liked this brand for price, spectrum of products offered, taste of the chewable Kids Cubes, and the powder available to add to baby’s formula if breastfeeding does not make sense.
- Better Bean– This product is found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store & tastes amazing. Remember, beans are an excellent source of protein. This is also a family run business and because of apple cider vinegar in their production and packaging process, they are a more easily digestible product than canned.
- Jones Sausage – Why is a nutritionist promoting this product? I love the taste! Pork is a great source of protein. This is a family run business that has been around since 1889. It has been and will always be gluten free. Yes, there is sodium, but this can fit in your diet with other modifications. Food needs to be fun and all foods can fit. Also, if you go to the FAQ’s page of their website, they will mail you coupons!